Summer may be winding down but there’s still plenty of fun Art & Wine Festivals, Labor Day Weekend events and the America’s Cup Race Finals. Check out these September Events & “Fun Things To Do” in the San Francisco Bay Area… and beyond in our Love to Eat and Travel September Calendar of Events. Be sure to check our Blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Love to Eat and Travel website each month for updates throughout the year. Enjoy!
This month’s Top Pick:
– America’s Cup Finals (Sept. 7-21
Book a Luxury Cruise with Lunch for Viewing America’s Cup
– a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see the America’s Cup Finals in San Francisco
Labor Day, Millbrae Art & Wine Festival, Sausalito Art Festival, Kings Mountain Art Fair, Capitola Begonia Festival, Scottish Highland Gathering & Games, Sonoma County Showcase of Wine & Food, Oakland Pride 2013, Livermore Annual Harvest Wine Celebration, Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Circus “Built To Amaze!” Red Tour, Burning Man 2013, San Francisco Opera Ball 2013 “The Garden of Good and Evil,” National Buffalo Wing Festival, Golden Gate Park Band Series, Red Bull Youth America’s Cup, Lake Tahoe Autumn Food and Wine Festival, U.S. Open Tennis Championships, “The Sound of Music” at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre in London, Jason Mraz at America’s Cup Concert Series, Virginia City International Camel Races, The Great Reno Balloon Race, Off The Grid at Fort Mason Center, Sammy Hagar at America’s Cup Concert Series, San Francisco Symphony Opening Night Gala, Napa Artisans Festival, National Grandparents Day, Sunday Streets in San Francisco, 49ers Football Season kicks off, America’s Cup Finals, Mountain View Art & Wine Festival, “Nightlife at the California Academy of Sciences” in Golden Gate Park
Skip the Line: Nightlife at the California Academy of Sciences
– Explore the museum after-hours on Thursday nights. Adults only. This makes a fun night out with your friends… or for “Date Night” – one of our favorite ways to see a museum: at night, with drinks and music!
America’s Cup Finals, Free Outdoor Sing-Along Movie “Mama Mia” at Jack London Square, “A Taste of West Cork” Food Festival in Ireland, iTunes Festival 2013 London, “Richard Diebenkorn: The Berkeley Years” exhibit at the de Young museum, Union Square Live, San Francisco Symphony Opening Week, Shakespeare in the Park “Macbeth” at the Presidio, SFJAZZ Season 2 at SF Jazz Center, SF Giants at AT&T Park, Free Music on the Square, Film Night in the Park at Marin County and San Francisco, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Wisdom 2.0 Business, Triathlon at Pacific Grove, Autumn Moon Festival & Parade, Capitola Art & Wine Festival, San Francisco International Dragon Boat Festival, Annual Comedy Day Celebration in Golden Gate Park, “Impressionists on the Water” Exhibit at the Legion of Honor museum, Thames Festival 2013 London England
Skip the Line: London Eye Tickets
– Get a bird’s eye view of London on the London Eye, one of the city’s most popular attractions. No need to wait in long lines; this special ticket gives you priority boarding on any London Eye flight on the day you choose. This fun leisurely ride is a “must-do” when visiting London – we loved riding the London Eye and know you will too!
“The Art of Bulgari: La Dolce Vita & Beyond, 1950-1990” exhibit opens September 21st at the de Young museum, “A Taste of Downtown San Rafael,” San Francisco Irish Film Festival, Golden Gate Park Band Series, Off the Grid “Picnic at the Presidio,” Butterflies & Blooms at Conservatory of Flowers, “Beyond Belief: 100 Years of Spiritual in Modern Art” at SF Jewish Contemporary Museum, “Lincoln” Free Movie Night under the stars at Redwood City’s Courthouse Square, 2013 Beijing International Triathlon, Barnes Food Fair London, Fleet Week Coronado Speed Festival in San Diego, Oktoberfest By the Bay in SF, Sausalito Floating Homes Tour, Lafayette Art & Wine Festival, Mill Valley Arts Festival, UFO CON 2013, World Maker Faire New York, 65th Annual Emmy Awards, Russian River Jazz & Blues Festival, Polk Street Blues Festival, Monterey Jazz Festival, Annual Feast of San Gennaro in Little Italy in New York City
New York City “Hop-On Hop-Off” Double-Decker Bus Tour
– See New York City’s most popular attractions at your own pace – then go back to the places you want to spend more time visiting. We like taking “Hop-On Hop-Off” Tours whenever we visit a different city – it’s a great way to see everything. Hop on and off of the buses at any of the 50 stops along the loop – have fun in the Big Apple!
Eat Real Festival at Jack London Square in Oakland, Menlo Park Sidewalk Fine Arts & Crafts Fall Fest, Nightlife at the Academy, “Rock of Ages” Free Movie Night outdoors at Courthouse Square in Redwood City, Union Square Live, “Autumn at Filoli Festival” at Filoli Gardens in Woodside, 17th Annual Kendall-Jackson Heirloom Tomato Festival, Redwood City Salsa Festival, The Lawn Party “Music, Food & Wine,” Healdsburg Arts Festival 2013, Martinis on the Plaza Gala, Pacific Coast Fog Fest, Orchids in the Park in San Francisco, Treasure Island Flea Market, “Water to Paper, Paint to Sky” The Art of Tyrus Wong exhibit at The Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco, Folsom Street Fair “The World’s Largest Leather Event,” Last chance to see “Built for Speed” exhibit at the California Academy of Sciences
Early Access to California Academy of Sciences
– Explore the museum, shows and exhibits one hour earlier than the public. Available for a limited time only.