“Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.”
– Dalai Lama
India is renowned for its diverse culture, delicious cuisine, exotic spices, historic monuments, temples, and ancient ruins. It’s also home to the world’s most beautiful monument and the country’s top tourist attraction – the iconic Taj Mahal. India’s most visited cities include: Agra, Jaipur and Udaipur, Varanasi (spiritual capital of the country), Kashmir, Delhi, Ladakh, Darjeeling (tea plantations), the cosmopolitan city of Mumbai, and Goa… to name a few.
Fun India Attractions
There’s a wealth of fun things to do in India. Here are a few of the country’s top attractions:
- Ajanta Caves (rock-cut cave mountains)
- Amer Fort, Jaipur
- Darjeeling (tea plantations)
- City Palace, Udaipur
- Ellora Caves
(one of the world’s largest monastery-temple rock-cut cave complexes)
- Goa (stunning beaches and fun nightlife)
- The Golden Temple of Amritsar (spiritual site)
- Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds)
- Jai Mahal (Water Palace), Jaipur
- Kanha National Park (one of Asia’s most beautiful wildlife reserves)
- Khajuraho (the largest group of Hindu and Jain temples in the world)
- Ranakpur Temple (spectacular marble Jain Temple)
- The Red Fort, Agra
- Taj Maha, Agra
- Varansi (on the banks of the River Ganges)
Book India Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips and Fun Things To Do
Book a Private Taj Mahal Sunset and Agra Day Tour from Delhi. Relax and Meditate at the Isha Yoga Center. Enjoy an all-inclusive Day Trip to the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Baby Taj from Delhi. Book a Four-Day Private Luxury Golden Triangle Tour to Agra and Jaipur. Experience an adventurous Night Camel Safari in Jaisalmer. Learn to dance like a Bollywood Star on this fun Dance Class in Delhi.
Agra, Jaipur, Goa and Udaipur Sightseeing Tours & Day Trips
Book Your India Business Trip or Vacation
The Best Time To Visit India - and the Taj Mahal
The best time to visit India is between October and March when temperatures are more mild. Peak tourist season typically runs from November to mid-February. Mid-June-September is rainy season and high humidity.
The best time to visit the Taj Mahal is during the winter months from November-February when it’s not too hot or rainy, but expect crowds.